If you love your meat as much as we do, you will enjoy these delectable meat recipes that we have compiled just for you.Beef Pie Recipe
A hearty, old-fashioned beef pie stuffed with generous portions of potatoes, corn and beef.
1 pound ground beef
5 potatoes, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cans creamed corn
• Boil potatoes until they become tender. Drain and mash them. Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Add ground beef and onion to skillet until the color of the beef changes to brown. Drain, transfer to a casserole dish and spread out evenly.
• Spread the canned corn on top of the beef, and overlay the potatoes over corn. Spread cheese and butter over potatoes.
• Bake for 30 minutes.Black-Pepper Steak
Tantalize your taste buds with a perfectly seared steak, drizzled with an aromatic wine and black pepper sauce.Ingredients (Serves 4):
1 pound cube steak
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons water
¼ teaspoon granulated sugarMethod:
• Cut steak into serving portions and sprinkle with pepper and salt.
• In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook steak until brown. Approximately about 4 minutes each side. Turn off the heat and remove the steaks onto a warm platter and leaving drippings in the skillet.
• Return skillet to heat and add vinegar, water and sugar. Stir to mix well and cook until almost boiling. Use a spoon to pour the sauce over steaks and it is ready to serve.Beef Rendang
A popular Malaysian/Indonesian dish offering tenderly cooked chunks of beef bathed in a creamy and mildly spicy aromatic sauce.Preparation Time
20 minutesCooking Time
180 minutesIngredients (serves 6)
2 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp turmeric
1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
1 long fresh red chilli, coarsely chopped
1kg gravy beef, cut into 5cm pieces
2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
45g (½ cup) desiccated coconut
1 stem lemon grass, trimmed, bruised
1 cinnamon stick (see note)
Steamed rice, to serve
⅓ cup fresh coriander leavesMethod
1. Place the coriander and cumin in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook and shake the pan for 2 minutes or until the mixture is aromatic.
2. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Add the turmeric, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli in, and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add in the beef and stir to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
3. Place the beef mixture in a large saucepan. Add the coconut milk, desiccated coconut, lemon grass and cinnamon. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2½ hours or until the beef is very tender. Remove and discard the lemon grass and cinnamon stick.
4. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring often, for 25 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated. Divide the rice and beef among serving dishes. Top with the coriander leaves to serve.Notes:
You can also use boneless beef chuck steak in this recipe. If cinnamon sticks are unavailable, use ½ tsp ground cinnamon instead.Tandoori Chicken
A popular Indian and Pakistani dish consisting of succulently grilled chicken, marinated with exotic spices.Ingredients:
1 chicken cut into pieces
3 small black cloves
5 red dried chilies
½ pint of natural yogurt
2 cloves ground crushed garlic
1½ teaspoons chili powder
⅛ cup of butter
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon powdered red food coloring
1 teaspoon ground gingerMethod:
1. The cloves and dried chilies are to be roasted, ground and set aside.
2. Thoroughly mixed the yogurt, salt, food coloring, ground ginger, garlic, and chili powder with the grounded ingredients.
3. Place the chicken pieces in a dish and pour the yogurt over it. Leave to marinate. Smear a large piece of foil with butter and place the marinated chicken, with the marinated mixture on the foil. Remember to dot the butter on top of each chicken. Fold the foil around the chicken, seal and bake for about 45 minutes or until done.
4. Serve immediately and garnish with lemon wedges and green chilies.Curry Chicken
An easy-to-make Chicken Curry Recipe that will seat well with fans of curries and chicken delight dishes.Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced thin
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
1 cup sour creamDirections:
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Turn the heat down to medium, sprinkle the onions with half of the curry powder, and continue to cook an additional minute.
3. Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and season it with the remaining curry powder.
4. Move the onion to one side of the skillet and add the chicken in one layer. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
5. Add the sour cream to the skillet and stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens.
6. Place the chicken back in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once. Serve with rice.Hainanese chicken rice recipe
A classic Singaporean dish offering delicately poached chicken meat infused with ginger and served with fragrant rice, fresh ginger, chilli and kecap manis sauce.Ingredients:
1 fresh chicken
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1 tbsp light soy sauce 6 slices fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, slightly bruised
2 shallots, chopped in a few pieces
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp salt Chicken Stock
Chicken bones or a kilo of chicken wings or legs
3 pieces of ginger
2 shallots Chicken Rice
3 cups long grain rice
2 tbsp chicken or pork fat (this tastes great, but peanut oil can be used instead)
2-3cm ginger, grated
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped very finely or grated
1-2 tsp salt (to taste)
3 ½ cups chicken stock according to rice instructions (or more, reserved from boiled chicken)
2 pandan leaves (optional) Chilli Sauce
10 fresh red chillies, seeds removed
1-2 cloves garlic
5cm fresh ginger
2 tsp chicken stock (from the boiled chicken)
Juice from kaffir limes to taste
Salt to taste Ginger Sauce for Dipping
6 garlic cloves
½ tsp salt
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp chicken stock (from the boiled chicken) Chicken Soup
Chicken stock (from the boiled chicken)
Chopped shallots or small amount of chopped cabbageMethod:Chicken
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil (The pot should be large enough to fit the whole chicken).
2. While the water is heating, rub the inside of the chicken with rice wine and soy sauce. Roughly chop three pieces of ginger, garlic and one shallot and then blend in a food processor. Place the mixture inside the chicken.
3. When the water boils, turn heat off and place the chicken, remaining three pieces of ginger and shallot in the water. Leave the chicken to stand in the water for five minutes. After the first 5 minutes, lift up the chicken, drain the water from the stomach cavity and put chicken back in the pot. Repeat this process two or three times for one hour to make sure the chicken cooks inside as well as outside.
4. After 30 minutes, turn on the heat to bring the water back to almost boiling point, then turn heat off. The chicken, never being allowed to boil, will be very tender and juicy. At the end of the hour, remove chicken and rub with remaining soy sauce combined with sesame oil and salt, and then cut into bite-sized pieces.Chicken Stock
1. For chicken stock, add extra chicken bones or pieces, three slices of ginger and two shallots to the water in which the chicken was cooked.
2. Boil for one to two hours until stock has a strong chicken flavor. Discard chicken bones/pieces and strain the stock through a muslin cloth. Chicken Rice
1. For chicken rice, wash the rice and drain well (the more water in the rice, the less chicken flavor (some recommend drying the rice in a tea towel).
2. In a wok, fry chicken fat until oil is released and then add the ginger and garlic and fry well. Remove from heat and discard the chicken fat and skin.
3. Add the rice and salt and stir-fry briskly for about 1-2 minutes. Transfer rice into an electric rice cooker or pot. Add in chicken stock and pandan leaves. Follow normal instructions for cooking rice.
1. For chilli sauce, roughly chop chillies, garlic and ginger and then blend in a food processor. Add chicken stock, limejuice and salt to taste. Will keep in covered container in the refrigerator for a few days, but is best served fresh.
2. For ginger sauce, roughly chop ginger and garlic and then blend in a food processor. Add chicken stock, lime juice and salt to taste. Chicken Soup
1. For chicken soup, ladle a small amount of hot strained stock into serving bowls. Add finely chopped shallot. If serving with cabbage, you will need to cook the cabbage in the stock for a short while before serving.
The recipes posted on this newsletter are gathered from a variety of sources and we do not claim to own the rights of any the recipes. If the owner(s) of the respective recipes do not wish to have their works displayed on this site, please contact us and we will promptly remove them.
You're receiving this newsletter because you've subscribed to The Halal Meat Specialist Newsletter. Not interested anymore?