Seafood is not only scrumptious; it is also good for our health. For healthier and better eating, we have compiled a list of delightful seafood recipes for you to savor.Chinese Steamed Fish
Chinese steamed fish is a classic Chinese dish that is loved by many across the globe.Ingredients:
1 live fish (about 1.5 lb or less)
2 inches ginger (peeled and cut into thin strips)
1 stalk scallion (cut into 2-inch length, and then cut into thin silken threads)
Some cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon shaoxing wine or rice wineMethod:Fish
1. Clean the fish properly (remove scales, guts, gills, etc) and pat dry.
2. Blend the soy sauce mixture in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Lay the fish on a plate and drizzle 1 tbsp shaoxing (or rice) wine on top of the fish. Top the fish with ½ of the cut ginger strips.
4. Heat up a wok with enough water for steaming. Wait for the water to boil. As soon as it boils, place your fish inside the wok, propped up with a small inverted bowl or a couple of wooden blocks (meant for steaming). Cover your wok tightly and set your kitchen alarm for 8 minutes.
5. As soon as the fish is done steaming, transfer it out from the wok. Discard the fish water and ginger strips. Lay the remaining ginger strips on top of the fish.
6. Heat up a pan over high heat and add 2 tbsp of cooking oil, swirl around until it’s hot. Pour the hot oil over the steamed fish. Put the pan back onto the stove, add the soy sauce mixture and stir well. As soon as the sauce bubbles up and boils, pour the soy sauce over the fish. Topped with scallions and cilantro leaves and serve the steamed fish immediately with white rice.Steamed Fish Soy Sauce Mixture:
4 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp shaoxing wine or rice wine
2 tbsp water
¼ tbsp sesame oil
3 dashes white pepper powder
2 tbsp rock sugar (grind into powder form) or to tasteChilli Crab Recipe
A popular, savory dish made out of fried crab and a mouthwatering aromatic chili sauce.Ingredients:
2 Crab (can substitute with shrimp or lobster)
2 Onions, chopped
5 Dry red chilies
1/4 tbsp Ground black pepper
2 tbsp Minced ginger
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
2 tbsp Cooking oil
¼ cup Thai chilli sauce or chilli sauce
¼ cup Ketchup
1 cup water
1 tsp Cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water
1 tbsp Limejuice
1 lightly beaten Egg
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Wash and clean the crabs. Remove the gills and spongy parts under the shell. Cut the body into 4 pieces.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil, and sauté the onions. Fry the onions until light brown and add ginger, garlic and red chillies. Cook on a medium flame for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the crabs and stir well until there is change in color on the crab shells.
3. Add chilli sauce, ketchup, and water; and mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium flame.
4. Add egg and corn starch and stir well for 3 minutes.
5. Cover and cook the crab for another 4 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves. Cereal PrawnsIngredients:
½ piece of butter
Minced garlic (about 2-3 cloves)
200 g of cereal (Nestle Cereal, not cornflakes)
1 chilli padi chopped
3-4 Curry leaves optional
1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of salt
½ tsp of sugar
1 tsp of sesame oil
Dash of pepperMethod:
1. Clean the prawns but leave the shell on. Wipe dry and season in a mixture of salt, pepper, a little sesame oil and a little sugar.
2. Deep fry the prawn till ½ done and leave it aside.
3. In a wok, melt the butter and add in garlic, chilli padi and curry leaves. Fry till there is an aroma. Pour in the cereal and fry for a while. Add in sugar. Then mix in the prawn and fry for approximately 1-2 mins and serve. The recipes posted on this newsletter are gathered from a variety of sources and we do not claim to own the rights of any the recipes. If the owner(s) of the respective recipes do not wish to have their works displayed on this site, please contact us and we will promptly remove them.
You're receiving this newsletter because you've subscribed to The Halal Meat Specialist Newsletter. Not interested anymore?